When you’re in the mood for chilli but want to try something different- this is the PERFECT recipe. Honestly, it may be one of my favorite crock-pot recipes of all time and I find myself making it every few weeks for our family.
This recipe was shared with my by one of my co-workers who has one our office Chilli Cooking contest more than once with it. It’s a creamy and delicious combination of chicken, beans, and corn with a surprising secret ingredient. Okay… it’s not that much of a secret but uses a package of ranch seasoning. I never would have thought to add this to a Chilli but it makes it over the top yummy.
I love that this a dump and go recipe. Add all the ingredients (even the cream cheese!) and cook on low in your trusty crock-pot for around 6 hours. It works great with even with frozen chicken breasts too. It’s especially handy when you need to feed a few extra people- maybe when the in-laws are visiting.
We like to serve this with a side of skillet corn bread. Our favorite toppings are sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions and hot sauce. We’ve also been known to serve the left overs on top of rice the next day. So good!
Creamy Crock-pot Chicken Chilli
- 3 Chicken Breast
- 1R 15 oz Can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz Can Northern White Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz Can Rotel (tomatoes with green chiles) rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz Can Corn rinsed and drained
- 1 8 oz Block of Cream Cheese
- 1-1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1.5 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 1 oz Packet of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Chilli Powder (optional)
- Spray crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray and place chicken breasts in the bottom of the pot
- Pour beans, corn, canned tomatoes, and chicken broth over chicken. Sprinkle ranch seasoning, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder over chicken. Place cream cheese on top of chicken
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Remove chicken from pot and shred into bite sized pieces. Place back in pot and stir well to fully combine cream cheese into sauce
- Serve right away garnished with sour cream, cheese, green onions and cilantro